Monday, April 23, 2012

5 month in 1 post


quilt therapy
After we moved to Alabama i found my self a little depressed.  Probably a combination of new place loneliness and postpartum.  I decided to get out of my funk by getting to know some people and finally getting back to my happy place, sewing.    So I started to have little parties for the little kids and invite everyone I could think of.  It was way out of my comfort zone but I pretended that I was actually a social person.  It worked and it turned out to be really fun.  I also stopped waiting for an occasion to make someone a quilt and just made a quilt for fun.  it was so much fun.  I didn't realize how much I missed sewing.  My kids where shocked when they asked who is this quilt for and I answered no one, just for me.  I hand quilted this one because I love the look but like every time I do I regret it about half way through,  then love it in the end.  I'm glad to report my funk is gone.  The key for me was looking outward and forgetting myself.

 Valentines:  I had fun with my cutting machine.

 Ambiguous project
 I made Livvy a quilt for her new room / guest room.  I have only made a queen sized quilt once before.  I have to give a thanks to my friend Sarah for helping me pick the binding fabric. I was stumped and she was a life saver and so fun to shop with.
 Asian inspired
 this quilt was a little hard to give away. 



 70's Dress
 I wanted to make Livvy something a little different.
Fun with vinyl
I needed a way to keep  Jake from steeling all of Ben's milk (Ben needs all the food he can get) Jake loves cars so hopefully this will help.








No comments:

Post a Comment