Monday, April 23, 2012

Shirt Dress Upcycle

 Last week Livvy was complaining because I wasn't letting her wear her Sunday dresses.  In my defense it was Wednesday and she wanted to go play in the mud.  That's my Livvy in a nut shell,  princess dress and gum boots.  I told her we could get her some more everyday dresses.  After that I was cleaning my sewing room and noticed these 2 golf shirts.  I got them at the thrift store with plans to  cut them up for a Valentines craft.  It is April so that didn't happen.  I thought maybe I can make Livvy a couple of dresses. 

The shirts are mens large.  I use a shirt dress she already had to make a pattern.  Tutorial on the  Pattern  I cut out the skirt along the bottom edge of the shirt so I didn't have to hem it.  I also cut out the sleeves so I could reuse the finished hem.  I was a little worried that the collar would look too big but it was cute.

 best part Livvy loves the two dresses.  I spent about $2 for the shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment